Tuesday 8 June 2010

100 Miles a Day!!??

To get in practice for cycling so many miles, I recently attempted my first 100 miles in 1 day. I kept it simple so that I wouldn’t end up getting stuck in the middle of nowhere, and cycled from Bath to Bristol and back over 6 times... This totalled around 98.3 miles, and I was really happy with my performance. Overdid it a little bit, and went too fast if anything, but I have learned my lesson and now know that I can do it.

No major incidents to report, except I did come over all Valentino Rossi on a couple of corners and found myself trying to ‘get the knee down’... a quick look down at the shorts I was wearing (a pair your granddad would be proud of!!!) and my bike returned to its horizontal position, without any injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment